My family absolutely loves this a lot. It’s an easy meal to make during the week.
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
3 chicken breasts
2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese
1 packet ranch seasoning
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
8 slices cheddar cheese
Add the chicken, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, shredded cheddar cheese and garlic powder to a slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
Toast the hoagie rolls, scoop on the chicken and top with cheddar slice and crumbled bacon
- What is Slow Cooker Crack Chicken?
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is a popular and indulgent chicken dish made in a slow cooker. It typically consists of chicken breasts cooked with cream cheese, ranch seasoning, bacon, and shredded cheese.
- Why is it called “Crack Chicken”?
- The name “Crack Chicken” is often used humorously to describe the addictive and irresistible flavor of the dish. It’s a playful way of saying that it’s so delicious that it’s as addictive as a drug.
- Can I use a different cut of chicken?
- While boneless, skinless chicken breasts are commonly used, you can use other cuts of chicken, such as chicken thighs or chicken tenders, if you prefer. Just be mindful of different cooking times that may be required.
- Can I make Slow Cooker Crack Chicken with frozen chicken?
- It’s generally recommended to use thawed chicken for this recipe to ensure even cooking and food safety. Thaw your chicken breasts in the refrigerator before adding them to the slow cooker.
- How long does it take to cook Slow Cooker Crack Chicken?
- Cooking times can vary depending on your slow cooker’s settings. Typically, it takes about 4-6 hours on the low setting or 2-3 hours on the high setting. You’ll know it’s ready when the chicken is tender and easily shreds.
- Can I make Slow Cooker Crack Chicken without a slow cooker?
- Yes, you can adapt this recipe to stovetop or oven cooking. Simply cook the chicken in a skillet or ovenproof dish with the ingredients until the chicken is cooked through and the mixture is bubbly and well combined.
- What can I serve with Slow Cooker Crack Chicken?
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is versatile and can be served in various ways. It’s commonly served on sandwiches, in wraps, or as a dip with crackers or vegetables. You can also serve it over rice or pasta, or alongside a salad.
- How do I store leftovers?
- Store any leftover Slow Cooker Crack Chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. You can also freeze it for longer storage. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
- Can I make Slow Cooker Crack Chicken healthier?
- While it’s a decadent dish, you can make some healthier swaps, such as using reduced-fat cream cheese, turkey bacon, or Greek yogurt instead of regular ingredients to lower the calorie and fat content.
- Is Slow Cooker Crack Chicken gluten-free?
- The dish can be made gluten-free if you use gluten-free ranch seasoning and ensure that all other ingredients, including the bacon and shredded cheese, are gluten-free as well