My daughter was asked to bring something to friends gathering
1 box cooked penne pasta
1 jar marinara sauce
1 bag shredded mozzarella
Mix all ingredients and cover with aluminum foil .Bake on 350F for 20 minutes. Enjoy
- 1 box cooked penne pasta
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, for a bit of heat)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine Pasta and Sauce: In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked penne pasta and marinara sauce. Mix well to ensure the pasta is evenly coated with the sauce.
- Add Cheese and Seasonings: Add half of the shredded mozzarella, grated Parmesan, ricotta cheese, dried basil, dried oregano, red pepper flakes (if using), salt, and black pepper to the pasta and sauce mixture. Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Layer the Casserole: Transfer the pasta mixture into a greased baking dish. Spread it out evenly.
- Top with Cheese: Sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of the pasta.
- Bake: Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. This allows the flavors to meld together and the cheese to melt and become gooey.
- Final Touch: After 20 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and bubbly, and slightly golden brown on top.
- Serve: Remove the baked penne pasta casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
- Enjoy: Serve hot, and enjoy your delicious homemade baked penne pasta casserole!
This enhanced version of your recipe includes a blend of cheeses and seasonings that add extra flavor and richness to the dish. Feel free to customize it further with your favorite ingredients such as cooked ground meat, sautéed vegetables, or fresh herbs for a personalized touch. Enjoy your meal!