- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- Marinara sauce, for dipping
- Prepare the Pizza Filling:
- In a mixing bowl, combine shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices. Toss them together to evenly distribute the pepperoni throughout the cheese.
- Prepare the Tortillas:
- Lay out the 4 large flour tortillas on a clean surface.
- Sprinkle the cheese and pepperoni mixture evenly over two of the tortillas.
- Place the remaining two tortillas on top, creating two quesadilla sandwiches.
- Season and Butter the Quesadillas:
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder and dried basil leaves.
- Melt the unsalted butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the garlic and basil seasoning mix over the melted butter.
- Cook the Quesadillas:
- Carefully place one quesadilla in the skillet and cook until the bottom tortilla becomes golden and crispy, and the cheese begins to melt. This usually takes about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Flip and Cook:
- Carefully flip the quesadilla to the other side and cook until the second side is golden brown and the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove the quesadilla from the skillet and let it cool for a minute or two.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the quesadilla into wedges or squares, as desired.
- Serve the pizza quesadilla hot, with marinara sauce on the side for dipping.