Crispy Butter Chicken
2 large eggs beaten
1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 chicken breasts , boneless skinless (6 ounces each)
1/2 cup butter , cut into pieces
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place eggs and cracker crumbs in two separate shallow bowls.
Mix cracker crumbs with garlic salt and pepper.
Dip chicken in the eggs, then dredge in the crumb mixture to coat.
Arrange coated chicken in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Place pieces of butter on top of the chicken.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
1. What is Crispy Butter Chicken? Crispy Butter Chicken is a popular dish that combines the flavors of traditional Butter Chicken with a crispy and crunchy texture. It typically involves marinated and fried chicken pieces served in a rich, creamy buttery sauce.
2. How is Crispy Butter Chicken made? The chicken is usually marinated in a blend of spices, yogurt, and sometimes other ingredients, then coated with a crispy batter and deep-fried until golden brown. It is then served with a buttery tomato-based sauce.
3. What are the main ingredients for Crispy Butter Chicken? The main ingredients usually include chicken, spices (such as cumin, coriander, garam masala), yogurt, flour or cornstarch for the crispy coating, butter, tomatoes, cream, and various herbs and seasonings.
4. Is Crispy Butter Chicken spicy? The level of spiciness can vary based on the recipe and personal preference. Some recipes are mildly spiced, while others can be quite spicy. It’s often adaptable, so you can adjust the heat level according to your taste.
5. Can I make Crispy Butter Chicken with other meats or tofu for a vegetarian version? Yes, you can! While chicken is the traditional choice, you can make a similar dish using paneer (Indian cottage cheese), tofu, or other meats like fish or shrimp for a seafood version.
6. What is typically served with Crispy Butter Chicken? Crispy Butter Chicken is often served with naan (Indian flatbread), rice, or roti (another type of Indian bread). It’s also common to serve it with a side of raita (yogurt-based condiment) and sliced onions and cucumber.
7. Can I prepare Crispy Butter Chicken in advance? Yes, you can prepare some components in advance. You can marinate the chicken beforehand and refrigerate it. However, it’s best to fry the chicken and prepare the sauce fresh for the best taste and texture.
8. How do I reheat Crispy Butter Chicken? To maintain the crispy texture of the chicken, it’s best to reheat it in an oven or toaster oven. Reheating in a microwave might make the chicken lose its crispiness.
9. Is Crispy Butter Chicken gluten-free? It depends on the recipe. Traditional recipes use flour for the crispy coating, which contains gluten. However, you can use gluten-free flour or cornstarch as a substitute to make it gluten-free.
10. Can I freeze Crispy Butter Chicken? While the chicken may lose some of its crispiness upon freezing and reheating, you can freeze both the cooked chicken and the sauce separately. Store them in airtight containers and consume within a few weeks for the best quality.