1 lb hamburger meat
1 pkt taco seasoning
1 pkt Spanish rice
1/2 can of rotel
1 can refried beans
Spread refried beans on bottom of casserole dish. Cover with cheese.
Brown hamburger. Drain
Fix Spanish rice as directions on pkg
Mix the two together when rice is done
Add in 1/2 can of rotel and taco seasoning
Once thoroughly mixed add to casserole dish.
Top off with more cheese.
Heat in oven till cheese is melted and bubbly.
Simple, cheap and easy. I honestly just made it all up and threw it together. Turned out pretty good
Cheesy Taco Casserole
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet Spanish rice mix
- 1/2 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can refried beans
- Shredded cheese (cheddar, Mexican blend, or your choice)
- Optional toppings: chopped green onions, sliced olives, sour cream, salsa
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the Refried Beans Layer:
- Spread the refried beans evenly on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese over the beans.
- Brown the Hamburger Meat:
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the hamburger meat until fully cooked. Drain excess fat.
- Prepare the Spanish Rice:
- Prepare the Spanish rice according to the package instructions.
- Mix the Meat and Rice:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked hamburger meat, prepared Spanish rice, 1/2 can of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, and taco seasoning packet. Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Layer the Casserole:
- Spread the meat and rice mixture evenly over the refried beans layer in the casserole dish.
- Add More Cheese:
- Top the casserole with another generous layer of shredded cheese.
- Bake in the Oven:
- Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings such as chopped green onions, sliced olives, sour cream, and salsa, if desired.