1 box of penne pasta, jar of Alfredo, jar of spaghetti sauce, 2 cups shredded mozzarella and whatever spices you want (I used a little garlic & onion powder, Italian seasoning and some sugar). Boil pasta, while that’s cooking add Alfredo & spaghetti sauce in another pot, add 2 cups of mozzarella & seasonings. When pasta is done, drain and add to sauce, add pasta to baking dish (I added a little extra cheese to the top). Bake at 350° for 20 mins
Cheesy Baked Penne Pasta with Alfredo and Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 box of penne pasta
- 1 jar of Alfredo sauce
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional, for garnish)
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) while you prepare the pasta and sauce.
- Cook the Pasta: Cook the penne pasta according to the package instructions in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Prepare the Sauce: In another pot, combine the Alfredo sauce and spaghetti sauce over medium heat. Stir well to mix them together.
- Add Seasonings: To the sauce, add garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir the sauce until the seasonings are well incorporated.
- Add Cheese: Gradually add 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese to the sauce, stirring continuously until the cheese is melted and the sauce becomes creamy. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Combine Pasta and Sauce: Add the drained penne pasta to the sauce. Stir gently to coat the pasta evenly with the sauce and cheese mixture.
- Assemble in a Baking Dish: Transfer the saucy pasta to a baking dish. Sprinkle some extra mozzarella cheese on top for an extra cheesy layer.
- Bake: Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown on top.
- Serve: Remove the baked pasta from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh basil or parsley, if desired.
- Enjoy: Serve the cheesy baked penne pasta hot, with garlic bread and a fresh green salad on the side. Enjoy your delicious and comforting homemade pasta dish!
the Cheesy Baked Penne Pasta with Alfredo and Spaghetti Sauce is not low-carb. Both penne pasta and store-bought Alfredo and spaghetti sauces contain significant amounts of carbohydrates. If you are following a low-carb diet, this recipe would not be suitable without modifications.
To make a low-carb version of this dish, you could consider using alternatives to traditional pasta, such as spiralized zucchini (zoodles) or shirataki noodles, which are very low in carbs. Additionally, you can make a homemade Alfredo sauce using ingredients like heavy cream, butter, and Parmesan cheese, which are low in carbohydrates compared to store-bought Alfredo sauce.
By making these substitutions, you can create a delicious low-carb and keto-friendly version of the dish.
Q1: Can I use different types of pasta for this recipe? A1: Yes, you can use different types of pasta according to your preference. However, keep in mind that the baking time might vary based on the pasta shape and thickness.
Q2: Can I prepare this dish in advance and bake it later? A2: Yes, you can assemble the dish in advance and refrigerate it. When you’re ready to bake, simply preheat the oven and bake it according to the recipe instructions. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the dish is cold from the refrigerator.
Q3: Can I freeze Cheesy Baked Penne Pasta? A3: Yes, you can freeze this dish. Make sure to use a freezer-safe dish and cover it tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before baking. Freezing might slightly alter the texture, but it will still be delicious.
Q4: What can I serve with Cheesy Baked Penne Pasta? A4: Cheesy Baked Penne Pasta goes well with garlic bread, a green salad, or steamed vegetables. It makes for a hearty and satisfying meal on its own, but you can also pair it with a side of your choice.
Q5: How long will the leftovers last in the refrigerator? A5: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Make sure to reheat thoroughly before serving.
Q6: Can I add meat or vegetables to this recipe? A6: Absolutely! You can add cooked ground beef, sausage, chicken, or vegetables like bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach to the sauce for extra flavor and texture. Just make sure the meat is cooked before adding it to the sauce.
Q7: Can I adjust the level of spiciness in this dish? A7: Yes, you can adjust the spiciness by adding chili flakes, hot sauce, or freshly ground black pepper to the sauce. Taste as you go and adjust the seasonings according to your preference.