Taco crockpot hash brown casserole!!
Super cheap and super easy to make
1lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can cheddar cheese soup
30 oz frozen shredded hashbrowns
2 cups shredded taco style cheese
First brown your meat and then throw it all together and cook on low for about 4 hours
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cheddar cheese soup
- 30 oz frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 2 cups shredded taco style cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend)
- Optional toppings: sliced green onions, diced tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, or guacamole, for serving
- Brown the Ground Beef: In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until fully cooked. Drain any excess grease.
- Season the Meat: Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the cooked ground beef. Stir well to ensure the seasoning is evenly distributed and the meat is well coated.
- Prepare the Crockpot: Lightly grease the inside of your crockpot to prevent sticking.
- Combine Ingredients in the Crockpot: In the prepared crockpot, combine the seasoned ground beef, cheddar cheese soup, frozen shredded hashbrowns, and 1 1/2 cups of shredded taco style cheese. Mix everything thoroughly to ensure even distribution of ingredients.
- Cooking Time: Cover the crockpot and cook on low heat for about 4 hours. Crockpot cooking times can vary, so you can check the casserole after 3 hours to see if it’s fully heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Add Cheese Topping: About 15-20 minutes before serving, sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese over the top of the casserole. Cover and let it melt.