Breakfast Sliders for Dinner
- 1 package Hawaiian rolls, sliced in half
- Cheddar cheese, as desired
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1/2 cup syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare Sausage: Brown the breakfast sausage in a skillet over medium heat, breaking it into crumbles as it cooks. Once fully cooked, drain any excess grease and set aside.
- Scramble Eggs: In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Scramble the eggs in the same skillet used for the sausage until they are fully cooked.
- Assemble Sliders: Place the bottom half of the Hawaiian rolls in a baking dish. Layer a generous amount of cheddar cheese, followed by the scrambled eggs, and then the cooked sausage. Add another layer of cheese and place the top half of the rolls on.
- Butter and Syrup Mixture: In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter and syrup. Pour or brush this mixture over the assembled rolls.
- Bake: Bake the sliders in the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted, and the tops are golden brown.
- Cool and Slice: Allow the sliders to cool for a few minutes before slicing into individual servings.
- Serve and Enjoy: Serve the breakfast sliders warm, and enjoy the delightful combination of sweet and savory flavors. These sliders make for a satisfying breakfast-for-dinner option that the whole family will love
Making breakfast sliders for dinner can be a delicious and convenient option. Here are some tips to ensure your breakfast sliders turn out perfect:
- Quality Ingredients: Use high-quality ingredients for the best flavor. Fresh eggs, good-quality sausage, and real cheddar cheese can make a significant difference.
- Sausage Variety: Experiment with different sausage varieties, such as maple or spicy sausage, to add extra flavor to your sliders.
- Cheese Selection: Consider using a combination of cheeses for added richness. You can mix cheddar with other cheeses like Monterey Jack, pepper jack, or Swiss.
- Egg Seasoning: Season the scrambled eggs well with salt and pepper to enhance their flavor. You can also add a pinch of herbs like chives or parsley for extra freshness.
- Bread Choice: While Hawaiian rolls are a great choice, you can also try different types of rolls or buns to customize the sliders to your liking. Brioche rolls or slider buns are excellent alternatives.
- Butter-Syrup Glaze: The butter-syrup mixture adds sweetness and a glossy finish to the sliders. Ensure it’s well mixed, and consider adding a dash of vanilla extract or a sprinkle of cinnamon for extra flavor.
- Baking Time: Keep an eye on the sliders while baking to prevent them from overcooking. The goal is to melt the cheese, crisp up the tops, and warm the fillings without drying out the sliders.
- Serve with Extras: Accompany the sliders with additional condiments or sides, such as hot sauce, ketchup, or a side of fresh fruit, to complement the flavors.
- Customization: Encourage customization by setting out additional toppings like sliced avocado, diced tomatoes, or salsa. This allows everyone to personalize their sliders according to taste.
- Make-Ahead Option: Prepare the sliders ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to bake. This is a great time-saving option for busy evenings.
- Variations: Experiment with different fillings, such as crispy bacon, sautéed mushrooms, or diced bell peppers, to create unique flavor combinations.
- Presentation: For a more appealing presentation, consider serving the sliders on a platter with garnishes like chopped herbs or a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Remember, the key to a successful breakfast slider dinner is to have fun experimenting with flavors and tailoring the sliders to your preferences. Enjoy your delightful breakfast-for-dinner creation