° 1-pound beef-ground
° Olive or canola oil as wanted
° Half a c water
° 1 c ketchup
° 1 tsp brown sugar
° 1 minced garlic clove or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
° 1 chopped red or green pepper
° ½ yellow onion, chop (or small)
° 1 tsp yellow mustard
° 12 slices of American cheese
° 6 slices Texas Toast (see note)
* Instructions :
1. Heat the frying pan on moderate heat.
2. Adding little oil.
3. Add meat, sweet pepper, also onion (& garlic if using fresh).
4. Cook, stirring constantly, breaking up any large pieces of meat with a wooden spoon until the meat is fully cooked.
5. Get rid of any excess grease.
6. Turn down the heat.
7. Now add the water, ketchup, mustard, garlic (if using powder), Worcestershire sauce, and sugar.
8. Stir well and cook for 8 minutes or until the sauce is thicker.
9. Meanwhile, heat the grill.
10. Grill Texas toast until golden.
11. Now add a piece of cheese to each slice of toast and roast for half a minute.
12. Putting little of meat mixture on top of every piece of toast with cheese. Add another slice of cheese on top.
13. Roast again until cheese melts.