6.5-ounce package of pizza dough mix
15 ounces of refried beans
1 pound lean ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
3 cups shredded lettuce
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
optional toppings: taco sauce or salsa, sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, stir the dough mix together with the required water (check the package) until well combined. Let rest for at least 10 minutes
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef, breaking it up.
4. Add the taco seasoning and cook until the meat is cooked through. If using a fattier meat, add the taco seasoning after draining off any grease and cook for a couple of minutes more.
5. Spread the dough out over a well greased pizza pan. Spread the beans over the dough and top with the taco meat and shredded cheese.
6. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, or until the crust is cooked through.
7. Let cool 5 minutes, then top with lettuce, tomatoes, taco sauce or salsa and a dollop of sour cream.