ARE YOU KIDDING ME CAKE
3 large eggs
1 box cake mix (any flavor)
1 can pie filling (any flavor)…
Put the three ingredients into a bowl, mix them well, and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees in a 9×13 pan.
It’s got almost a pudding-cake kind of consistency, lighter than pound cake. It’s spotted on the inside with little pieces of whatever fruit filling you are using. The edges are crispy, like you would get on brownies.
- Preheat Your Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan lightly, or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Mix the Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, crack the eggs. Beat them lightly to break the yolks. Add the dry cake mix and the entire can of pie filling to the eggs.
- Combine Well: Using a spatula or a wooden spoon, gently fold the ingredients together until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay. The batter will be thick and luscious.
- Transfer to the Pan: Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Spread it evenly, ensuring it reaches the corners of the pan.
- Bake: Place the pan in the preheated oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Keep an eye on it as baking times can vary slightly depending on your oven and the flavor of the cake mix used.
- Cool and Serve: Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10-15 minutes. This cake is delicious served warm. Cut into squares and enjoy the crispy edges and the moist, pudding-like interior with fruity bursts from the pie filling.
- Plain: This cake is delightful on its own.
- With Toppings: Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra treat.
- Customize: Experiment with different cake flavors and pie fillings to create your favorite combinations. Some popular pairings include chocolate cake with cherry filling, yellow cake with peach filling, or white cake with blueberry filling.