Super cheap & easy lunch I made for my four boys today! Pizzadillas.
Spread sauce on tortilla, top with pepperoni & cheese or whatever topping of your choice!
Fold tortilla over and Grill on griddle for about 5 minutes each side!
We dipped them in ranch
- Flour tortillas
- Pizza sauce
- Pepperoni slices
- Shredded cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, or your choice)
- Optional toppings: sliced bell peppers, onions, olives, mushrooms, etc.
- Ranch dressing, for dipping
1. Prepare the Ingredients:
- Lay out the flour tortillas on a clean surface.
- Spread a generous amount of pizza sauce on half of each tortilla.
2. Add Toppings:
- Place a layer of pepperoni slices on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese over the pepperoni.
- Add any additional toppings of your choice, such as sliced bell peppers, onions, olives, or mushrooms.
3. Fold and Grill:
- Carefully fold the tortilla in half, creating a half-moon shape with the fillings inside.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Place the folded pizzadillas on the griddle and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the tortillas are golden brown and crispy, and the cheese is melted and gooey.
- Remove the pizzadillas from the griddle and let them cool for a minute before slicing them into wedges.
- Serve hot pizzadilla wedges with a side of ranch dressing for dipping.
- Experiment with different types of cheese for varied flavors. For example, using a blend of mozzarella and cheddar can add richness.
- Feel free to customize the fillings according to your boys’ preferences. You can even create a “make-your-own” pizzadilla station where each child can add their favorite toppings before folding and grilling.
- If you want to add a bit of spice, consider adding a sprinkle of red pepper flakes or chopped jalapeños to the fillings.
- These pizzadillas can be a great way to use up leftovers like cooked chicken, sausage, or veggies. Just chop them finely and add as toppings.