Crock-Pot Chicken and Stuffing
1 lb skinless chicken breast half
1 (6 ounce) packages Stove Top stuffing mix
1/2 cup water
1 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, or cream of chicken soup condensed
1 cup chicken broth
Place chicken on bottom of crockpot. Pour broth over the chicken. Mix together the stuffing, soup, and water, and place on top of the chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours.
Creamy Crock-Pot Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (6-ounce) package Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup, condensed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (such as peas, carrots, and corn)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional, for garnish)
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Prepare the Crock-Pot: Grease the inside of your Crock-Pot with cooking spray or butter to prevent sticking.
- Layer the Chicken: Place the skinless chicken breast halves at the bottom of the Crock-Pot.
- Prepare the Stuffing Mixture: In a mixing bowl, combine the Stove Top stuffing mix, water, condensed soup, chicken broth, frozen mixed vegetables, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well until everything is evenly combined.
- Add the Stuffing Mixture: Pour the stuffing mixture evenly over the chicken in the Crock-Pot, covering the chicken completely.
- Cooking Time: Cover the Crock-Pot with its lid and cook on low heat for 6 hours. The chicken will become tender, and the stuffing will absorb the delicious flavors.
- Serve: After cooking, gently stir the casserole to combine the chicken and stuffing. Spoon portions onto serving plates. If desired, sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of each serving. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley for a burst of color and freshness.
- Enjoy: This creamy and comforting chicken and stuffing casserole is best served hot and enjoyed with your favorite side vegetables or a simple green salad.