Here’s a cheap meal idea for y’all! And it’s so yummy.
– Texas toast
– hamburger meat
– your choice of pasta sauce
– & cheese
You cook your Texas toast by itself. Cook your hamburger meat separately & then stir in the pasta sauce! Then lay it on top of the toast, add cheese & bake again until your cheese is melted how you would like!
Cheesy Texan Hamburger Melt
- 4 slices of Texas toast
- 1 pound of ground hamburger meat
- 1 jar (24 oz) of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or a blend)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: sliced green onions or chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Cook the Texas Toast: Place the Texas toast slices directly on the oven rack and bake according to the package instructions until they are golden brown and crispy. This step can be done while preparing the other ingredients.
- Cook the Hamburger Meat: In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground hamburger meat, breaking it apart with a spatula, until it’s fully cooked and browned. Drain any excess grease.
- Add Pasta Sauce: Pour the pasta sauce over the cooked hamburger meat. Stir well to combine, allowing the flavors to meld together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Assemble the Melt: Place the baked Texas toast slices on the prepared baking sheet. Spoon the hot meat and sauce mixture evenly over each slice of Texas toast.
- Add Cheese: Sprinkle the shredded cheese generously over the meat and sauce mixture, covering the entire surface of each toast slice.
- Bake Again: Put the baking sheet back into the oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the edges of the toast are golden brown.
- Garnish and Serve: Remove the cheesy Texan hamburger melts from the oven. If desired, garnish with sliced green onions or chopped fresh parsley for a pop of color and added flavor.
- Serve Hot: Serve immediately while the cheese is gooey and hot. These melts pair wonderfully with a simple side salad, coleslaw, or your favorite steamed vegetables.