Hawaiian Kalua Pork*
Cheap because you make a big batch which will go a long way.
Hickory Smoked Bacon
Liquid smoke (mesquite or hickory)
1. Sprinkle salt on all sides of the pork. Pan sear to brown it a little bit but it is optional.
2. Put the strips of bacon on the bottom of the crock pot.
3. Place the pork in the crock pot. Add your seasonings: salt, pepper, Worsetershire sauce and liquid smoke. Slow cook it for 6-7 hrs, on High. I always use my crock pot when cooking it. I’ve never tried using my instant pot or the oven.
4. Once pork is tender, trasfer it to a large bowl and let it cool down for bit then you can shred it. This is also the time to taste it and add more seasonings, including the liquid smoke, depending on how you like.
5. Put the chopped cabbage in the crock pot. Then put the shredded pork back in.
6. Cook for additional 1 hour.
7. Mix then serve