Cheesy Chicken and rice
2 packs knorr chicken flavored rice
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
3 uncooked chicken breast
garlic and onion powder to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
( can add frozen broccoli, I ran out)
Cool uncovered on 365 degrees for 45-50 minutes
Add shredded cheese and cook for another 5
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake
- 2 packs Knorr chicken flavored rice
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 3 uncooked chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: Frozen broccoli florets (or any other vegetables you prefer)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or a Mexican blend)
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 365 degrees Fahrenheit (185 degrees Celsius).
- Prepare Rice: Cook the Knorr chicken flavored rice according to the package instructions. Once cooked, set aside.
- Prepare Chicken: In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the diced chicken breasts until they are no longer pink in the center. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste. If you’re using frozen broccoli, you can add it to the skillet and cook until it’s slightly tender.
- Combine Rice and Chicken Mixture: In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked rice, cooked chicken (and broccoli if using), and the two cans of cream of chicken soup. Mix well until everything is evenly combined. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Transfer to Baking Dish: Transfer the rice and chicken mixture to a greased baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake: Bake the mixture uncovered in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the edges are bubbly and the top is lightly golden brown.
- Add Cheese: Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top of the casserole. Return the dish to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish and Serve: Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired. Serve hot, and enjoy your delicious Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake!
Q2: Can I use brown rice instead of white rice in this recipe? Yes, you can substitute brown rice for white rice in a Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake recipe. However, keep in mind that brown rice has a longer cooking time, so you may need to adjust the cooking time or partially cook the brown rice before adding it to the casserole.
Q3: How do I prevent the rice from becoming mushy in the bake? To prevent the rice from becoming mushy, make sure to rinse the rice thoroughly before cooking to remove excess starch. Also, be mindful of the cooking time and follow the recipe instructions. If you’re using different types of rice (such as brown rice), adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Q4: Can I use different types of cheese in the Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake? Yes, you can experiment with different types of cheese to suit your taste preferences. Cheddar, mozzarella, Parmesan, or a blend of these cheeses work well for a cheesy topping. Some recipes even use cream cheese or Velveeta for a creamier texture.
Q5: How do I store leftovers, and how long do they last in the refrigerator? To store leftovers, transfer the Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake to an airtight container and refrigerate it. Leftovers can typically be kept in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat the leftovers in the microwave or oven until they are heated through.
Q6: Can I freeze Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake? Yes, you can freeze Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake for longer storage. To freeze, allow the dish to cool completely, then transfer it to a freezer-safe container or wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Frozen Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake can last for 2-3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.