Apple Crumble Dessert Pizza
- 1 roll of sugar cookie dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 can of apple pie filling
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 stick of butter, softened
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a pizza pan or a 9×13 baking dish.
- Prepare the Cookie Dough Base: Spread the sugar cookie dough evenly on the greased pan, covering it right up to the edges.
- Prepare the Apple Topping: Pour the apple pie filling into a bowl and chop the apples into small pieces. Spread the chopped apples over the sugar cookie dough.
- Prepare the Crumble Topping: In a separate bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well. Add the softened butter and mix until you achieve a crumbly consistency.
- Top the Pizza: Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the chopped apples on the sugar cookie dough.
- Add a Touch of Cinnamon: Sprinkle a little extra cinnamon over the entire pizza for added flavor.
- Bake: Place the pizza in the preheated oven and bake at 350°F for about 45-60 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the crumble topping is crisp.
- Cool and Serve: Allow the dessert pizza to cool for a bit before serving. This pizza is delicious both warm and at room temperature. If desired, refrigerate any leftovers.
- Enjoy: Slice and enjoy your delightful Apple Crumble Dessert Pizza with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra treat!
Note: Feel free to adjust the quantities based on your preferences and the size of your pan.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Apple Crumble Dessert Pizza:
Q: Can I use homemade sugar cookie dough for this recipe? A: Absolutely! You can use store-bought or homemade sugar cookie dough based on your preference and availability.
Q: Can I use a different fruit pie filling instead of apple? A: Yes, you can experiment with different fruit pie fillings to create variations. Cherry, blueberry, or peach would be excellent alternatives.
Q: Can I reduce the sugar content in the crumble topping? A: Certainly. Adjust the sugar to suit your taste preferences. You can decrease or increase the sugar in the crumble topping according to your sweetness preference.
Q: How long does the Apple Crumble Dessert Pizza need to bake? A: Bake the dessert pizza at 350°F for approximately 45-60 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown, and the crumble topping is crisp. Keep an eye on it to prevent overcooking.
Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time? A: Yes, you can prepare the Apple Crumble Dessert Pizza ahead of time and refrigerate it. Reheat it in the oven or enjoy it cold, depending on your preference.
Q: Can I freeze leftovers? A: While the texture may change slightly upon thawing, you can freeze leftovers in an airtight container. Reheat in the oven to restore some of the crispness.
Q: Can I add nuts to the crumble topping? A: Absolutely! Chopped nuts such as walnuts or pecans can be a delicious addition to the crumble topping for added crunch and flavor.
Q: What should I serve with the Apple Crumble Dessert Pizza? A: This dessert pizza is delightful on its own but can be served with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat.
Q: Can I use a different pan size for baking? A: Yes, you can use a different pan size, but adjust the baking time accordingly. A smaller pan may require less baking time, while a larger one may need a bit more time.
Q: How do I store leftovers? A: Store any leftover Apple Crumble Dessert Pizza in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Reheat in the oven for the best texture when serving again.
Tips for Making the Best Apple Crumble Dessert Pizza:
- Choose Quality Ingredients: Use fresh and high-quality ingredients, especially when it comes to the apple pie filling. If you have the time, making your own apple pie filling from fresh apples can enhance the flavor.
- Adjust Sugar Levels: Taste the apple pie filling and adjust the sugar in the crumble topping to your preference. If the filling is very sweet, you might want to reduce the sugar in the crumble topping.
- Experiment with Spices: Feel free to experiment with additional spices. Nutmeg or a pinch of allspice can complement the cinnamon and add depth to the flavor profile.
- Evenly Spread the Cookie Dough: When spreading the sugar cookie dough, make sure it’s even and reaches the edges of the pan. This ensures a consistent base for your dessert pizza.
- Chop Apples Uniformly: Chop the apples into small, uniform pieces. This not only makes the pizza easier to eat but also ensures even distribution of apple flavor.
- Mind the Crumble Consistency: Achieve a good crumble consistency by thoroughly mixing the dry ingredients with the softened butter. The crumble should be coarse and not too fine.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon Generously: Don’t shy away from sprinkling cinnamon over the entire pizza. It adds a warm and aromatic flavor to the dessert.
- Monitor Baking Time: Keep a close eye on the dessert pizza while baking. The crust should be golden brown, and the crumble topping should be crisp. Adjust the baking time if needed.
- Let it Cool Before Serving: Allow the dessert pizza to cool for a bit before serving. This helps the flavors to settle and makes it easier to slice.
- Serve with Complementary Toppings: Consider serving the Apple Crumble Dessert Pizza with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce, or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra indulgent experience.
- Customize to Your Liking: Feel free to customize the recipe to suit your taste preferences. Add nuts, dried fruits, or other toppings that you enjoy.
- Reheat for Freshness: If reheating leftovers, use the oven to maintain the crispness of the crust and crumble topping. Microwaving may make it softer.