Sloppy Joe Fries!!
1 bag French fries
2 Velveeta cheese pouches
2 cans manwich
*cook fries as directed on bag
*brown hamburger meet and add manwich cans
* remove fries once cooked and cover with cheese sauce
* add manwich mix
Bake for 10 minutes at 350
Top with sour cream!
Seriously this was AMAZING!
- 1 bag (about 24 oz) frozen French fries
- 2 Velveeta cheese pouches (or about 2 cups of your favorite cheese sauce)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sour cream, for garnish
- Chopped green onions, for garnish (optional)
- Prepare the Fries:
- Preheat your oven and cook the French fries according to the package instructions until they are golden and crispy.
- Prepare the Cheese Sauce:
- While the fries are baking, heat the Velveeta cheese pouches in a saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until the cheese is smooth and creamy. If you prefer a homemade cheese sauce, you can make one by melting butter in a saucepan, adding flour to make a roux, and then whisking in milk and cheese until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare the Sloppy Joe Mix:
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat. Break it up into small pieces as it cooks. Drain any excess grease.
- Add the Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce to the cooked ground beef. Stir well to combine and let it simmer for a few minutes until the flavors meld together. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Assemble the Sloppy Joe Fries:
- Once the fries are done, remove them from the oven. Arrange the hot fries on a large serving platter or individual plates.
- Pour the warm cheese sauce generously over the fries, ensuring each fry is coated in creamy goodness.
- Spoon the hot Sloppy Joe mixture evenly over the cheesy fries, making sure each fry gets a generous helping of the flavorful meat sauce.
- Bake and Garnish:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the assembled fries in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. This helps to meld all the flavors together and keeps everything warm.
- Remove the fries from the oven and let them cool for a minute or two.
- Drizzle dollops of sour cream over the top, and sprinkle with chopped green onions if desired.
- Grab a fork and dig into the layers of crispy fries, cheesy goodness, savory Sloppy Joe mix, and creamy sour cream. Enjoy your indulgent and delicious Sloppy Joe Fries Supreme!