Big Mac Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup diced pickles
- 1 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag (about 32 oz) frozen tater tots
- Shredded lettuce, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, breaking it apart with a spoon as it cooks. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet with the browned beef. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Season the beef mixture with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir well to combine.
- Add the diced pickles to the skillet and pour in half of the Thousand Island dressing. Mix everything together and let it simmer for a few minutes, allowing the flavors to meld. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the beef mixture to a greased baking dish, spreading it evenly to create the first layer.
- Sprinkle a layer of shredded cheddar cheese over the beef mixture.
- Arrange the frozen tater tots in an even layer on top of the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the tater tots start to brown.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle another layer of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Set your oven to broil and return the casserole to the oven. Broil for a few minutes until the cheese on top is melted and bubbly.
- Once done, remove the casserole from the oven. Drizzle the remaining Thousand Island dressing over the top.
- Finish by adding a generous amount of shredded lettuce on top of the casserole.
- Serve the Big Mac Tater Tot Casserole hot, and enjoy the delicious combination of flavors reminiscent of a Big Mac in a comforting casserole form.
Note: Feel free to customize the recipe by adding other toppings like diced tomatoes, chopped green onions, or even a dollop of sour cream before serving