My 3yr old twins looove muffins, but I hate the mess they make so I’ve been making muffin cookies and they LOVE them! They’re so good and super cheap to make too! For every 2 packs of the muffin mix you add 1 egg, 1 stick of butter, and 1 tsp vanilla. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes! I’d like to think I’m just adding extra protein to their breakfast cookies
Muffin Mix Breakfast Cookies
- 2 packs of your favorite muffin mix (blueberry, chocolate chip, etc.)
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Add-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit for extra flair
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare Muffin Mix: In a large mixing bowl, combine the contents of the 2 packs of muffin mix.
- Add Wet Ingredients: Crack the egg into the bowl with the muffin mix. Melt the butter and add it to the bowl as well. Pour in the vanilla extract.
- Mix It Up: Stir the ingredients together until well combined. The mixture should have a cookie dough consistency. If desired, fold in any additional add-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit.
- Form Cookies: Scoop tablespoon-sized portions of the dough and place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving enough space between each cookie.
- Flatten and Shape: Using the back of a spoon or your fingers, flatten and shape each mound of dough into a cookie shape. These cookies won’t spread much during baking, so shape them to your desired thickness.
- Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Keep an eye on them to avoid over-baking.
- Cool and Enjoy: Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, serve and enjoy with your little ones!
These muffin mix breakfast cookies provide a convenient and mess-free alternative to traditional muffins while still keeping the delicious flavors your twins love. Feel free to experiment with different muffin mix flavors and add-ins to customize the cookies to your liking
Here are some additional tips to ensure your Muffin Mix Breakfast Cookies turn out perfect:
- Customize with Creative Add-Ins: Experiment with various add-ins to create unique flavor combinations. Consider adding shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or even a swirl of nut butter to enhance the texture and taste.
- Adjust Sweetness Levels: Depending on the sweetness of the muffin mix and your preferences, you can control the sweetness of the cookies. If the muffin mix is already sweet, you may reduce the amount of sugar or skip additional sweet add-ins.
- Chill the Dough: For cookies with a chewier texture and to prevent excessive spreading, consider chilling the dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before scooping and baking.
- Use a Cookie Scoop: To ensure uniform size and shape, use a cookie scoop when portioning the dough onto the baking sheet. This also makes the process faster and less messy.
- Parchment Paper for Easy Cleanup: Parchment paper not only prevents the cookies from sticking to the baking sheet but also makes cleanup a breeze. This is especially helpful when baking with little ones.
- Rotate the Baking Sheet: To ensure even baking, halfway through the baking time, rotate the baking sheet 180 degrees. This helps achieve consistent color and texture across all the cookies.
- Store Properly: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container to maintain freshness. You can also freeze them for longer shelf life and have a quick breakfast option ready whenever needed.
- Serve with a Twist: Get creative with serving! Consider sandwiching a scoop of ice cream between two cookies for a delightful dessert, or spread a thin layer of cream cheese on top for a breakfast treat.
By incorporating these tips, you can elevate your Muffin Mix Breakfast Cookies and make them even more enjoyable for your twins and the whole family
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) About Muffin Mix Breakfast Cookies:
1. Can I use any type of muffin mix for these cookies? Yes, feel free to use your favorite muffin mix flavor, whether it’s blueberry, chocolate chip, banana, or another variety. The recipe is versatile and adaptable.
2. Can I add more than one type of add-in to the cookie dough? Absolutely! Mix and match different add-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, and dried fruit to create a variety of flavors and textures in your cookies.
3. Can I make the cookie dough ahead of time and refrigerate it for later? Yes, you can prepare the cookie dough ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours. Chilling the dough can enhance the cookies’ texture and flavors.
4. How do I prevent the cookies from spreading too much during baking? If you want thicker cookies, consider chilling the dough before baking. Additionally, make sure not to overcrowd the baking sheet, allowing enough space between each cookie.
5. Can I make these cookies with a muffin mix that requires additional ingredients like milk? The recipe is designed for muffin mixes that only require the addition of egg, butter, and vanilla extract. If your muffin mix requires additional ingredients, adjustments may be needed.
6. Can I use margarine instead of butter? While butter adds flavor to the cookies, you can use margarine as a substitute. Keep in mind that the flavor and texture might vary slightly.
7. How do I store the cookies, and how long do they stay fresh? Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. For longer storage, freeze the cookies and thaw as needed.
8. Can I make these cookies without eggs? You can experiment with egg substitutes like applesauce, mashed bananas, or yogurt for an eggless version. However, the texture and taste may be slightly different.
9. Can I make smaller or larger cookies? Adjust the size of the cookies according to your preference. Just be mindful of the baking time, as smaller cookies may require less time in the oven, and larger ones may need more.
10. Can I turn these cookies into a gift or party favor? Absolutely! Package the cookies in decorative bags or boxes for a delightful homemade gift. They make excellent party favors or treats for special occasions.
Feel free to adapt the recipe to suit your preferences and enjoy these Muffin Mix Breakfast Cookies in various ways